By the completion of the level, you will:
- Be able to complete more complex aspects of practice chanter maintenance
- Be able to play more complex scalic exercises
- Understand the theory behind how to complete the attack and the cut-off
- Be able to play all of the embellishments (or technical movements) that are used when playing bagpipe music, including understanding:
- The correct sound of each movement
- Where the beat falls when each movement is played
- Be able to reproduce more complex time and rhythm exercises
- Know more complex aspects of music theory
On average, a student should be able to complete all of the requirements contained in this tutor book within three months.
The material contained in this tutor book has been designed for students who have completed all of the requirements contained in our Bagpipe Solutions by John Cairns Bagpipe Instructional Tutor For Light Music, Volume 1.