Advanced Beginner Level
This tutor book is the third in the light music series and has been designed to provide the beginner piper with the remaining information and skills needed to play a bagpipe tune.
By the completion of the level, you will:
- Be able to complete the attack and the cut-off on your practice chanter
- Understand how to construct a practice goose
- Know more complex aspects of music theory
- Be able to reproduce more complex time and rhythm exercises
- Be able to write out (copy) bagpipe music
- Be able to play all of the embellishments (or technical movements) from all of the different notes
- Understand how to complete some of the basic techniques necessary to play a tune on a bagpipe
- Be able to play three bagpipe tunes on your practice chanter
On average, a student should be able to complete all of the requirements contained in this tutor book within four months.
The material contained in this tutor book has been designed for students who have completed all of the requirements contained in our Bagpipe Solutions by John Cairns Bagpipe Instructional Tutor For Light Music, Volumes 1 and 2.