This tutor book is the fourth in the light music series and has been designed to provide the piper with a basic outline of the information and skills needed to play the bagpipe.
By the completion of the level, you will:
- Be able to complete (on your practice goose) the coordination of blowing and squeezing that is used when playing a bagpipe
- Be able to complete the attack and the cut-off on your practice goose
- Be able to complete all of the technical and tonal requirements for this level on your practice goose
- Know more complex aspects of music theory
- Be able to reproduce more complex time and rhythm exercises
- Have improved your ability to write out (copy) bagpipe music
- Have improved your ability to play all of the embellishments (or technical movements) from all of the different notes
- Be able to play eight tunes on your practice goose (this includes five new tunes and three tunes carried over from Volume 3)
On average, a student should be able to complete all of the requirements contained in this tutor book within four to five months.
The material contained in this tutor book has been designed for students who have completed all of the requirements contained in our Bagpipe Solutions by John Cairns Bagpipe Instructional Tutor For Light Music, Volumes 1-3.