Advanced Learner Level
This tutor book is the fifth in the light music series and has been designed to provide the piper with an in-depth grounding on all of the information and skills needed to play the bagpipe.
By the completion of the level, you will:
- Have an understanding of those aspects that constitute a quality bagpipe, so you can make an informed decision when purchasing your bagpipe
- Have improved your ability to complete (on your practice goose) the coordination of blowing and squeezing that is used when playing a bagpipe
- Be able to complete all of the technical and tonal requirements for this level on your practice goose
- Know more complex aspects of music theory
- Understand the correct body position to use when playing your practice goose or bagpipe
- Be able to reproduce more complex time and rhythm exercises
- Have improved your ability to write out (copy) bagpipe music
- Have improved your ability to play all of the embellishments (or technical movements) from all of the different notes
- Understand some of the basic aspects of pipe band and instrument drill
- Be able to play sixteen tunes on your practice goose (this includes eight new tunes and eight tunes carried over from Volume 4)
On average, a student should be able to complete all of the requirements contained in this tutor book within three months.
The material contained in this tutor book has been designed for students who have completed all of the requirements contained in our Bagpipe Solutions by John Cairns Bagpipe Instructional Tutor For Light Music, Volumes 1-4.