Lessons With John
John is available to teach piping students of all levels, including:
- Outright beginners
- Pipers who play in non-competition bands
- Pipers who compete in any solo grade – including Professional (Open) solo players
- Pipers who play in a competition pipe band – including Grade 1 pipe band players
As a student of John’s, you will learn how to:
- Read and interpret music
- Maintain and tune your bagpipe
- Produce a good tone from your bagpipe
- Improve your technical abilities
- Incorporate aspects of musicality and expression into your playing
Musically, John can help you with your entire piping repertoire – including your solo/light music, Piobaireachd and pipe band music.
If you are interested in having John as your teacher, click on the applicable menu tab (i.e. for local or long distance lessons) in the Related Pages area on the right of this page to find out more.
In the last five years, John’s students have won (on average) more than 400 prizes annually. Contact John to improve your level of playing.