Long Distance Lessons
If you are a piper who does not live within driving distance of London, Ontario, you can still arrange to have lessons with John Cairns. John can teach a student from any location in the world, by using either a speaker phone or on-line – using a free program called Skype.
If you opt for lessons via Skype, you will need a High Definition Webcam and high speed internet service is preferable. The Skype website contains helpful information on how to use the program and also provides assistance with which products historically work best on Skype.
All students will be taught using the Bagpipe Solutions by John Cairns curriculum and any additional reference material or music that may be required can be downloaded from our website.
If you are interested in learning more about this mode of instruction, or making arrangements for lessons, please contact John directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your name
- The length of time you have been playing on the practice chanter and/or bagpipe
- Your previous instructors (if any)
- The competition level you currently play at (if applicable)
- A list of some of the tunes that you can currently play (if applicable)
- The pipe band you play in (if applicable)
- An indication of the number of lessons you are looking for each month and the days/times of the week that you are available to attend lessons
Please note that John does not teach lessons on Saturdays and Sundays. He will be more than happy to accommodate your availability, but his time fills up quickly.
John will then contact you with pricing information and an indication (based on the availability you have sent him) of the days and times that he would be available to teach you.
John has many students vying for his time. In order to do his best to accommodate every student’s needs, John requires students to commit to booking lessons in one-month blocks. Scheduling of lessons for a new month will commence by the 2nd week of the previous month.